Tuesday, July 1, 2008

7/1

So wow its already July, where has the summer gone. 6 more weeks until school starts, AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
We have been enjoying the summer to its fullest. We go to the pool every weekend if not both days and also during the week. I'm actually getting a tan for the first time in a long time....yeah!! Boys are lovig the water. Hunter started swim lessons on Sat mornings at the pool.
So let's all what has gone on.

I got nominated to go to a interior design symposium in Santa Fe, NM in August...select 20 designer from across the country were chosen and we are all K-12 designers. I'm very excited as its a great opportunity for me and GDI. Little scary traveling by myself and being away for 3 days but we'll deal with it. Of course its the day after kindergarten starts so it will be a very hectic week. I'm staying at a spa hotel so I might just have to indulge myself in a little massage.....

I have decided to take the LEED exam which is basically the exam that says you know about green design and can be involved in the process in building a green building. Its a very hot thing right now so we are getting very involved. Its a very hard test and lots of studying but it was be very good for me to have this and for GDI to have a designer with it. I'm going to Chicago in August (busy month) to take a class that helps you understand what is on the test. I'll take the test whenever I'm ready. My goal is by end of year....reviews on in January...see where I'm going with that.

So other than that just enjoying the sun.....

Have a great 4th of July everyone.

Love ya WWOD

1 comment:

Missy said...

Awesome! Thats really cool, very impressive! Your kicking some design ass!! Woo Hoo! We need to compare tans next time :) hehe!
Hugs WWOD!!!!
Missy